A major Motor Company approached ForFleets with a problem on behalf of their client – one of Ireland’s mission-critical fleet of cars and vans, that could be serviced by their network of 58 Dealerships.
They had searched through their European network and could not find a software that offers a Fleet Maintenance and Billing System in one suite for their client.
Before using the ForFleets System, repairs on the client’s vehicles were controlled by 110 district offices. These district offices handled over 600 local offices, 3000+ vehicles and over 8000 invoices were generated annually. The invoices were submitted individually by the 58 Dealerships carrying out the repairs.
All these invoices and their breakdown details had to be then recorded manually into a transport and accounts system before the Dealer could get paid. Not forgetting the recording of the labour, parts and VAT on each invoice.
ForFleets worked with the client motor company and had a demo system ready to show them within a few weeks. In May 2009, we piloted the system with 5 Dealers and in October, the same year, we rolled out to 58 Dealerships. All maintenance and repair details were recorded once for the 3000+ vehicles in the fleet. Instead of the admin team dealing with 8000 invoices annually, they now had only 52 invoices annually to process and pay. ForFleets took care of the rest.
Benefits for Fleets / Government Departments
- Everything is online and authorisation is secure
- Centralised system used nationally
- Fully detailed costing system – tailor-made to suit your fleet
- Prior approval on all repairs
- Customisable reporting system
- Improved reliability, easy to use system which helps to reduce potentially costly manual errors
- System designed to allow amendments, while the job is being carried out.
- Labour times and charges controlled and agreed upon by both parties to suit different locations, Eg. City / Rural
- Fully audited analysis of repairs done on all vehicles
- Full historical data online – available between Dealership (with no pricing visible)